Well my friends, hope you’re ready for this! S&B is making its way into the land of the unknown… the kitchen (and if you know me, you know this is literally unchartered territory). Not sure where the inspiration came from, but it was time to face my fears of burning down the apartment and get my Betty Crocker on. Starting simple was obviously first priority, so I decided on a Pasta Margherita (super simple + super delicious = a winning combo). Oh, and please excuse the random blue post-it notes – Joost put these all over the apartment to help with my Dutch (precious, right?).
From grocery shopping, to cooking, to setting the table, Joost and I had to cheers our Cola Zeros to a great time and great tag-team effort. While I typically don’t see him during the week, I think this was the perfect midweek surprise for the both of us and definitely look forward to cooking for my beau more often.
Ingredients (serves 4):
500 grams minced beef
- 1 bag of mixed Italian vegetables
- 1/2 bottle of Conimex Teriyaki/honing sauce
- 2 boxes of Heinz Tomato Frito sauce
- 1 bag of pasta (i.e. fusili or macaroni)
- Optional – garlic, extra veggies, cheese
- Put a little olive oil in a pan and begin to cook the meat
- Once the meat is almost completely cooked, add the veggies and continue cooking (we cooked seperately due to pan size)
- Add teriyaki sauce
- Add tomato sauce
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta
- Voila! You are ready to enjoy a delicious meal.
Do you have any simple (and healthy) dishes you’d like to share? Please do (via email or comment below)!
Until next time – tot ziens!
XX – Whitney